Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hi everyone,
We are visiting with my mom and aunt in a small town...in the middle of nowhere...(I am so serious) called Harrisville, Ms. What started out as a very relaxing day soon became a mad rush to the Emergency Room....30 minutes away...because apparently Leah is allergic to WATERMELON!! I could be wrong about this but I am thinking I probably am the only person on earth with a child allergic to watermelon. She was asking for figs all day from the fig tree and silly me...I kept saying "no " while thinking...she might be allergic to figs..that will teach me!
We will be leaving on Friday and while I have enjoyed reliving all of the wonderful childhood memories that I have accumulated over the years of my summers spent here, I find the croaking frogs and singing birds at 6am to be quite annoying. Don't get me wrong, it is still as peaceful and tranquil as ever but after days of peace and quiet, I am ready to hear some action and I aint (yes, I said aint) talking about fighting squirrels!
The girls are having a wonderful time with grandma baking cookies, roasting marshmallows at night, chasing fireflies, and all of those things that make up the most amazing childhood memories..I know because I still have them. They are most happy when doing absolutely nothing at all. It has been nice spending time with my mom in this sheltered little place deep in the woods completely secluded from civilization. It seems that God always gives us just what we need...and I can't help but think that grandma Sharon (Gladson) would totally love this place.
I think I totally needed time away from the craziness to reflect and think about where the next step should take us. I was so completely frustrated and disappointed about the fundraiser and how I had made so many mistakes up to this point. I feel more determined than ever now so I think I got the message...Look out Louisiana, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Villone Trio...I knew something was up! Did not hear from you and I had a nagging feeling! Watermelon! How strange! Well, get well Leah! Get up to your sparring strength! One day at a time....love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops....Richard read over my shoulder, but above comment was from Sharon!

    ReplyDelete